Things are still not back to normal yet but look like somewhat getting there, but still not 100%. I don't know about you but I am actually enjoying this. There is no rush in the morning for the kids or anything. I am able to squeeze in a 3-mile walk pretty much every day which is becoming a routine now. I am preparing fresh and healthy meals for the family every day which is quite satisfying. So I have been making Chia Pudding for a while now but wasn't getting a chance to click the pics. Finally, that is all taken care of and then was a little short of time to pen down my thoughts.
Chia is an edible seed that comes from a desert plant Salvia Hispanica, grown in Mexico dated back to Mayan and Aztec cultures. It contains healthy omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, carbohydrates, antioxidants, fiber, and minerals.
This healthy breakfast/dessert is a very easy recipe that can be put together at night for breakfast and can be enjoyed for about 5 days if refrigerated.
How to use Chia seeds
- can be used to make Chia pudding
- add it to your favorite smoothie
- sprinkle over your fruit bowl
How Long Does It Take to Thicken
After stirring in the chia seeds, you can give it 2-3 hours but preferably overnight if you want that gel-like texture.
You will have to give about 10-15 mins after adding chia seeds to your choice of milk. Stir it once again and make sure the mixture is not clumpy. Now refrigerate for a couple of hours and should be able to eat it if you forgot to mix it in the night before, but the texture will be a bit different.
You will find the full recipe on the recipe card below.
The ingredients shared are for a 1 cup of Chia Pudding. You can easily double or quadruple as per your needs. What I do is that I mix it in a mixing bowl and leave it in the fridge. When I want to serve, I divide it depending on how much I have to make, along with the glass size. The simplicity of this recipe makes it such an easy snack where it can be gluten-free, vegan based on the type of liquid used.
Different ways to flavor your Chia Pudding
- Jams or Compote: You can layer your pudding with the fruit compote or jams. There are so many to choose from depending on what fruits you prefer
- Nut Butter: Used any type of nut butter such as peanut butter, almond butter. You can stir it in or spoon it on top before adding fruits.
- Coconut Flavored: This is an awesome way of enjoying it in your favorite Pina Colada flavor by adding desiccated coconut to the pudding that already has coconut milk. Now garnish it with fresh pineapple chunks and a cherry on top.
- Chocolate: Chocolate lovers will love this. You can add cocoa powder to give it a great chocolate flavor.
- Additional add ons: You can add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom too if you like to give it a spicy touch.
- Fruits: So many different fruits could dress this simple pudding up and make it a healthy breakfast/dessert.
With the simple Chia Pudding recipe below, enjoy so many different flavors given above based on your liking of the type of milk or fruit.
I hope you all give this a try and enjoy this recipe as per your likes. I am going to be soaking this again for my breakfast tomorrow. This will be an awesome breakfast after 16 hours of intermittent fasting.
More NO COOK recipes:
Pin it for later
If you like the recipe, please comment below after you give it a try and share it on Facebook. Would like to hear from you. Your comments, likes, dislikes, matters to me. Thank you for stopping by!!
- 3 tbps chia seeds
- ¾ cup coconut milk (milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp honey (maple syrup)
- ¼ raspberry ( use any fruits of your choice)
- Add 3 tablespoons of chia seed in the coconut milk or milk of your choice. You can use almond milk, oats milk, soy milk, or just simple milk.
- Stir it and let it sit for 10-15 mins. Then give it another good stir to make sure it not clumpy.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. Overnight gives you better results though if you are looking for the gel consistency.
- Now add your choice of sweetener, either honey or maple syrup as per your taste along with the vanilla extract.
- Garnish it with your choice of fruits and enjoy it.