Wishing all my readers a very Happy Valentines Day!!! Enjoy these incredibly soft and easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies which are made using the ready-made cake mix. I wasn’t sure how well they will come out as I have heard making cookies out of a cake mix and was a bit skeptical. To my surprise, these were the easiest and yummiest cookies made with just 4 ingredients. Yes, you heard that right!!!! Awesome, isn’t it!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking about what will my post this Valentine’s Day and this came to mind as I have seen these around. Luckily I had the cake mix at home too and had no excuse but to make them. It is such a lovely treat for our little Valentine’s who are ready for anything sweet. I don’t think there are many kids who don’t like cookies.
How to make these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies using cake mix
- Mix all the ingredients- cake mix, eggs, and oil
- Roll them and place them on the baking sheet
- Bake them for 10-12 mins at 350F
You can also add white chocolate chips to it and not roll them in powdered sugar, or make the way I made it. The choice is yours.
I use Betty Crocker cake mix, you can use any brand that is available. You can make cookies like this with other cake mixes too such as chocolate and lemon cake mix.
What I love about these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- don’t have to worry about making the dough from scratch
- can be ready in under 20 mins
- only 4 ingredients altogether
- even kids can make it
- mess-free baking day or night, if you have the cake mix
The full recipe can be found below on the recipe card
Other cookie recipes from my blog:
Eggless Cashew Cookies, Eggless Almond Cookies, Eggless Coconut Cookies, Naan Khataai, Almond Biscotti
Few more recipes for Valentine’s Day:
Chocolate Fudge, Eggless Chocolate Mousse
If you like the recipe, please comment below after you give it a try and share it on Facebook. Would like to hear from you. Your comments like and dislike matters to me. Thank you for stopping by!!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies | Red Velvet Cookies Using Cake Mix
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix 15.25 oz
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl mix everything except powdered sugar. You will get a sticky type of dough. Scrape the dough off your hands and refrigerate the dough for 15 mins. You can make the cookies right away if you want to, but I feel that it is easy to handle once it is out of the fridge.
- You can use a cookie scooper to get even sized cookie, but I just eyeballed and try to make the same size balls. I think they came out pretty much the same size.
- Once you have all the dough turned into balls, roll them in the powdered sugar one by one and place them on your cookie sheet. Make sure you have foil on your cookie sheet or the silicon mat.
- Press them gently so they are slightly flat. Preheat the oven to 350F and bake them for 12 mins. You will see that the cookies are on a softer side but they are done.
- Pull them out of the oven and let them rest on the sheet for 5 mins before transferring them to the cooling rack for them to completely cool down.
- Store them in an airtight container. Enjoy them within 4-5 days.