So are you ready for another quick and easy dessert recipe? This has been on my list for a while and wasn’t getting a chance for the simple recipe it is. I know right!!!! Go figure… I was supposed to do this post for Valentine’s Day but we got so busy with parties and my husband’s birthday celebrations. It was a busy weekend for sure. Eggless Chocolate Mousse, an easy recipe for all the chocolate lovers especially like my daughter.
Who doesn’t like chocolate? Meeee…….I am not a chocolate lover at all, I even tried it and liked it, so I am sure you will enjoy it too. The good thing is that this can be made ahead and you can leave it in the fridge. I made it 2 days before and put it in the serving cups and wasn’t getting a chance to decorate and take the pics. Then I was like that’s it and gotta do it. Before serving it, I decorated it with the whip cream frosting and raspberries.
I know I am still writing this post. Its been a rough month with all this Coronavirus outbreak and adjusting to the new normal with work, kids and home. I hope you all are staying safe and healthy. I thought I would be able to experiment with new recipes and have new posts but this new normal is more stressful and tiring than the regular normal.
Don’t want to be talking about this virus anymore. Lets spread some sweetness with this easy dessert and see what it is all about.
What is Mousse?
- The French word “Mus” means “foam”
- light and airy to creamy and thick texture
- usually made with egg whites and whipped cream
- different flavors can be used such as chocolate or different fruits
- serve chilled
What makes Eggless Chocolate Mousse a fun dessert?
- quick and easy to put together
- not much effort and it looks like you spent so much time making it
- loved by all as it has all the yumminess of a chocolate
- a dessert that can be made ahead
Ingredients used in Eggless Chocolate Mousse
This recipe doesn’t use too many ingredients. Just a few including a cool whip, whipping cream, chocolate chips, and they are easily available in the market. If you don’t find cool whip then you can whip the heavy whipping cream and whip it until soft peaks.
How to make Chocolate Ganache?
You can make the ganache using chocolate chips, heavy cream, butter, and corn syrup. Using 2 parts of chocolate and 1 part of heavy cream. Bring the heavy to heat and not boil. Pour it over the chips and let it sit for a min until chocolate melts.
Add a couple of teaspoons of butter along with a tablespoon of corn syrup which will give that shiny looking ganache. Mix it well using a whisk.
You can put it in the fridge to use it later. This ganache can be used for decorating the cake, making a mousse or as a filling for the truffles.
You can find the recipe for Eggless Chocolate Mousse at the bottom of the post where you can print the recipe card
Once your chocolate ganache is ready to be used, it is super easy to put this dessert together. The ganache can be in the refrigerator for a good few weeks and you don’t have to worry about being spoiled.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family did. I am sure if you are a chocoholic like my daughter you will love it. Do give it a try and do give me your feedback.
Stay safe and healthy. I hope that this gets over soon.
Pin this Eggless Chocolate Mousse for later
If you like the recipe, please comment below after you give it a try and share it on Facebook. Would like to hear from you. Your comments, likes, dislikes, matters to me. Thank you for stopping by!!
Eggless Chocolate Mousse | Easy dessert recipe
- 1 cup chocolate ganache
- 1- pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp chocolate powder didn't have it, not used
- cool whip or extra whipping cream
- Shaved chocolate to decorate didn't use
- raspberry to decorate
- Place your mixing bowl in the fridge for 15-20 mins before whipping. Whip the heavy cream using an electric mixer or by hand. Add sugar and vanilla essence in between the whipping.
- Whip until the soft peaks are formed but do not over whip. Once the whipped cream is ready, fold the ganache into the cream.
- Pipe the mixture into the cups you will be serving your mousse in. Refrigerate for a few hours before decorating.
- Using a decorating tip, I used the rosette tip, pipe the whipped cream into a design of yours or just a dollop on top. Place a raspberry to decorate and give a splash of color.