Thai Basil Chicken also know as Pad Kra Pow Gai, is a very popular dish in Thai cuisine. Thai cuisine has gained popularity in the last few years where we see a Thai restaurant every few miles. It is made using ground chicken and lot of basil leaves. A very quick and easy dish once you have the preparations ready.
- 1 lb ground chicken (prefer to ground at home)
- 12-15 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6-7 red or green chilies, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp mushroom flavored soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 onion sliced, lengthwise
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced, lengthwise (i used green & red)
- 1/4 tsp red crushed peppers
First ground wash and ground the chicken. I used boneless thighs as they don't taste dry.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and stir fry until garlic begins to brown.
Add chicken, stirring vigorously to break it up, for about 2 minutes.
Now add oyster sauce, fish sauce and soy sauce. Make sure you cook it on high flame. Mix well.
Sprinkle the red crush peppers. Add the green chilies, onion, and bell pepper. Give it a stir for a couple of minutes. Do not overcook, so that the veggies are crisp.
Switch off the gas and sprinkle the basil leaves.
Serve hot with jasmine rice.
If you like the recipe, please comment below after you give it a try and share it on Facebook. Would like to hear from you. Your comments, likes, dislikes, matters to me. Thank you for stopping by!!