Are you ready for another dessert? This time it’s an Indian Fusion dessert called RasMalai Cake Cups. I have been thinking of trying fusion desserts and have been pushing it due to time or not having the ingredients at home. These little cake cups are so easy to make and will be a show-stopper at your next get-together.
I had gotten an invite from a friend and I kept asking what can I make to help you, but she kept saying nothing and just come. Then she agreed and said okay I could make the dessert. With a busy schedule at work and kid’s activities, I didn’t even think of what to make. On that Saturday morning, I just told my husband, I think I will make these and if he can get me the ras malai as it is too late to try and make that home too. And here we have the dessert that I have been wanting to make it for a while now…Woohoo!!!
These days you go to any party there is always a dessert table set with different types of dessert cups. They have been trending for a while now and don’t think they will fade anytime soon. There are 3 components to make this dessert which I have mentioned down below in the post. So you must be thinking is it hard to make this dessert…Absolutely not!!!!
I haven’t made RasMalai myself but do want to try it one day. Here I have used Nanak’s frozen RasMalai and baked the cake myself. All you need is a vanilla cake which you can flavor with cardamom powder to give that Indian touch.
The whipped cream was also flavored with cardamom and Rasmalai essence. You can use a cool whip if you don’t have time to whip the cream from scratch.
Why I loved making Ras Malai Cake Cups
- fun to make even more fun to eat from those little cups/jars
- individually portioned
- a make-ahead dessert for the festive season, birthday parties, or even a dinner get together
- looks very chic and classy
- good mix of a famous Indian dessert with cake
- Ras Malai ( Homemade or store-bought)
- vanilla cake ( from scratch or boxed, eggless or with egg)
- Whipped cream ( cool whip or make it using heavy whipping cream)
What kind of cups can you use
- Any kind of cups which are not too big
- had these glass yogurt jars that I have collected (OUI French yogurt)
- different kinds of disposable cups from amazon
Hope you enjoy making this yummy dessert for your next get-together and wow your guests.
Other desserts from my blog
Eggless Chocolate Mousse, Chaawal Ki Kheer
Gajrela, Tapioca Coconut Pudding
If you like the recipe, please comment below after you give it a try and share it on Facebook, and Instagram. Please tag us when sharing. Would like to hear from you. Your comments, likes, and dislikes matter to me. Thank you for stopping by!!
RasMalai Cake Cups
- 1 Kitchen Aid mixer or any other hand mixer
- 2 baking sheet pans
- 1 spatula
- 1 cookie cutter
- 1 box 20 pieces Nanak Rasmalai homemade or store bought
- 3 tubs cool whip or you can use heavy whipping cream Which ever is available
- ¾ sheet vanilla cake homemade or boxed cake mix
- 3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (10x)
- 1.5 tsp cardamom powder
- 7-8 drops rasmalai essence or rose essence
- 1-2 tbsp food grade dried rose petals for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Unsalted pistchios chopped for garnish
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 4-5 strands saffron
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- First thaw the frozen Nank Ras Malai if using store bought by leaving it out of the fridge or freezer. It could take a whole day. Make sure it is completely defrosted.
- In the meantime, bake your vanilla cake. I added cardamom powder to the cake mix to give it that Indian touch. Once the cake has cool down and it is not too hot, wrap it in serene wrap and put it in the fridge.
- I made some of the milk, water, saffron, sugar mixture by boiling it, as the I thought the rasmalail liquid wont be enough when assembling the dessert.
- Let that cool down too. Place it in the fridge as we wont that to be cold too.
- Now it is time to get our whipping cream ready. Since I couldn't find the whipping cream, I used the cool whip instead.
- Place your kitchen aid pot into te fridge for a few mins as it helps with the process of whipping the cream.
- Now add, two tubs of the cream, add the powdered sugar, rasmalai liquid about 4 tbsp and the ras malai essence to it and whip it till stiff peaks.
- At this time get your piping bag ready. In one of the bags add the round nozzle and other one use the star nozzle.
- Place the cups in array of line so that the assembly can be done quickly.
- Take the cake out of the fridge, using the round cookie cutter cut cake roundels. Then slice it in half.
- Start placing the cake roundels in each cup. Sprinkle the milk mixture to moistened the cake. Now pipe the cream from the one which has a round nozzle.
- Now add another layer of the cake roundel in every cup. Again sprinkle the milk mixture to moisten the cake and a teaspoon of the ras from the ras malai box. At this time pipe the whipping cream in a circular motion using the star nozzle. This will give the rose shape.
- Cut the Ras Malais in half and place it on one of the sides of the cup. Sprinkle it chopped pistachios and rose petals.
- Once all the cups are ready, place it in a tray and cover it with the serene wrap and put the tray in the fridge for atleast 2-3 hours.
- Your Ras Malai Cake Cups are ready. Serve it chilled.